Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Too Much Batman

Unless you've been living under a rock for the past 7 years, you undoubtedly know that Christopher Nolan has been busy making one of the great trilogies of this generation, the last film of which was released last week. Together, Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, and now The Dark Knight Rises tells the amazing story of Bruce Wayne. And while the latest flick definitely doesn't live up to its predecessor in terms of story and character, it still delivers a really entertaining three hours (I refer to it as 'The Return of the Jedi' of the Dark Knight Trilogy).

Maybe it's because I desperately wanted it to be a 5/5 that I've been thinking about it way too much. And what's "too much"? Well, on Sunday I had just started praying the Glorious Mysteries of the Rosary. As the first mystery is The Resurrection, I usually picture Christ, in all His Glory on Easter Sunday, rolling away the stone and coming out of the tomb. But this time was different. Yep, I still pictured the tomb and stone in my mind, as well as someone rolling that stone away. But this time, out of nowhere (God have mercy on me if it was intentional)...it was Batman. Batman came out of the tomb. BATMAN ROLLED AWAY THE STONE AND CAME OUT OF THE TOMB. I had no idea where Jesus was.

Needless to say, I stopped praying, shook my head, regained focus, and said the Hail Mary again. After I finished the whole rosary, I couldn't help but let out a little chuckle. What if Jesus sounded like Batman? For the three of you who haven't seen the new movies, Batman sounds like this:

"Who touched my garments?" (Mark 5:30)

"I have not come to bring peace, but a sword." (Matthew 10:34)

"Woman, what concern is that to you and to me?" (John 2:4)

"Take these things out of here! Stop making my Father's house a marketplace!" (John 2:16)

"Simon Peter, do you love me?" (John 21:15)

"Get behind me Satan." (Matthew 16:33)


Anyone have any others? In the meantime...I have to figure out if I need to go to confession for this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment